“I’m not a chef, I’m Italian”- David Rocco


Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Venetian Carnevale Celebration Pop Up Event


 

Imagine a place where you can dress up, hide behind a mask, mingle with strangers, drink and indulge in fried treats? Well, I've made it a reality. On Saturday March 1st, join me for my first official Pop Up Dinner, "A Venetian Carnevale Celebration." Guests will enjoy a delicious feast consisting of traditional Venetian Carnevale dishes, as well as some with my own twist and of course, the sparkle of Prosecco.
 
I am so excited to share this unique dining experience with you. The idea of my Pop Up Dinners is to give you, my guest and friend, a personal and intimate experience. I encourage you to join me in the kitchen, see what magic I’m creating, talk with guests, sit, stand, lean, eat with your hands, whatever you like. Masks are encouraged. Come celebrate with me and be part of the magic and mischief. 

For ticket information, please click HERE and to RSVP on facebook, please check here.


 
Menu

 

Polenta Fritti with Miele di Castagno (chestnut honey) and Meile Arancio (orange honey)

Crispy, fried rosemary polenta served with assorted Italian honeys

 

Radicchio, Artichoke and Fig Salad with a Lemon Balsamic Reduction in a Parmigiano Crisp

Shaved radicchio, artichoke and figs with a drizzle of balsamic reduction served in a parmigiano crisp cup

 

Cornmeal Crusted Shrimp Lollipops

A little whimsy... fried cornmeal crusted shrimp lollipos

 

Celery Root Frittelle with Basil Aioli

Frittelle are a traditional Carnevale treat, everyone has their own twist...mine are made with celery root and served with a creamy basil aioli

 

Individual “Le Grande Lasagna di Carnevale” Ramekins

Lasagna di Carnevale is traditionally enjoyed around Carnevale as a last meat splurge before Lent...my version is completely homemade, the pasta, ricotta and my prize winning Bolognese with sausage, beef and pancetta

 


Another classic fried Carnevale treat, my great aunt's ricotta zeppoles with the addition of nutella, served with a dusting of powdered sugar

 

Carnevale Cookies

A traditional festive cookie covered with sprinkles

 

Prosecco

 

Please feel free to e-mail me at lacucinaprimadonna@hotmail.com for more details or any questions you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment