“I’m not a chef, I’m Italian”- David Rocco


Friday, August 9, 2013

Fusilli with Sausage, Ramps and White Wine


Ciao a tutti!! I feel like it’s been a while since I've posted a pasta dish, so I think it’s about time I do!! When I was in Italy last Christmas, I brought back A LOT of pasta. I loved seeing how many different shapes they offer. A lot of people think all pasta tastes the same, but to me, there is always a difference. Some has a bit more a bite, some is milder, but either way, I love all pasta. The pasta I’m using today is Fusilli Avellinesi. It has a twisted shape, so it’s perfect for dishes that you really want the sauce to cling to and get in there!! Since this pasta is hard to come by, I will suggest using regular fusilli. I made this pasta with sausage, ramps and white wine. I mean, what else do you need right? Enjoy!!


Fusilli with Sausage, Ramps and White Wine



4 Italian sausage links
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 box of fusilli
1 bunch of ramps, cleaned and finely chopped (including the green part!!)
1 ½ cups of white wine
2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper

Prepare a medium size pan over medium heat with the 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Remove the sausage from the case (you can easily do this by wetting the sausage link and cutting it with a knife, the inside of the link should easily come out). Tear the sausage into small pieces and put in the pan. Thoroughly cook through for 30-45 minutes. Always be careful with pork. When the sausage is almost done cooking, prepare a large pot of water over high heat. Generously salt your water. When the water is boiling, add the fusilli. Cook until al dente, depending on your pasta it could take 4-7 minutes. Once it is done, drain the pasta and put it in the pan with sausage and toss. Add the ramps, white wine, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Cook on medium until half of the wine has reduced. Buon Appetito!!




No comments:

Post a Comment