“I’m not a chef, I’m Italian”- David Rocco


Sunday, January 13, 2013

Taralli Baresi

Ciao a tutti!! One of my favorite things about being in Italy is getting to experience all of the amazing, wonderful food that Italy has to offer. Fresh mozzarella. Plump and juicy tomatoes. And tarallis. What are tarallis? Well…I’ll tell you!


Tarallis are an Italian biscotti that were introduced centuries ago in the Puglia region of Italy. A lot of people refer to them as the Italian pretzel because of their shape and crunchy texture. It’s a cross between a biscuit, a cookie and a pretzel.
When I was in Italy the first time, I had the most amazing Tarallis, they were these huge round braided twists filled with almonds. I never thought I would be able to eat REAL Italian tarallies again until I returned to Italy. Until now.

I had the chance to try the Fennel Tarallis from Taralli Baresi. WOW!! They were just like the ones I had in Italy. I put them out for a party because I wanted a few opinions. My mother said they reminded her of one’s she had when she was a child, growing up in a very Italian neighborhood in Brooklyn. They were so crunchy and flavorful and the flavor of the fennel was perfect, not too much to be overpowering and not too little that you couldn’t taste it. They are perfect accompanied with a glass of wine.

I strongly suggest you take a look at the site and see all of the delicious flavors that they offer and get on it really quickly!! These babies are AMAZING!! And while you're at it, go show them a little love on facebook and take a look at the pictures of the yummy tarallis right here!  Ciao for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment