“I’m not a chef, I’m Italian”- David Rocco


Friday, December 21, 2012

Buongiorno!!



In front of Fontana di Trevi 

Buongiorno miei amici! I had a wonderful time in Italy, revisiting my favorite sites in bella Rome and exploring new and wonderful places in Firenze. Being in Italy is truly a magical experience. Even though I am always happy to get back home, I am counting the minutes until I get to return. I have a lot of wonderful posts comng up that I would love to share with all of you. First, I have some exciting news. I came home to discover that I had placed in another recipe contest! My recipe for Ragu Bolognese is a contender in The Tyler Florence Ultimate Food and Wine Experience Contest. There will be five grand prize winners, each of whom will win a trip to Northern California to meet Tyler Florence. As always, your votes would be greatly appreciated. Please click this link to see how you can vote:  


Here are some exciting things that you can look forward to at La Cucina Prima Donna:

* Journals of my recent adventures in Roma and Firenze, from the Colosseum and The Uffizi to shopping at the local supermarkets

* Grocery Lists- That’s right, I will be posting a list of the many delicious food items I picked up while in Italy

* Picture Stories- Beautiful photos of the food and sites of Italy

* An interview with Chef Melissa Muller Daka, of the wonderful Sicilian restaurant Eolo

* An Italian New Years Eve, Aperitivo Style- This year’s New Years menu will be inspired by classic Italian apetitivo: crostini, grilled vegetables, olives, cheese and so much more. Stay tuned for the full menu, recipes and photos

* An interview with Bob Guccione Jr, founder of Spin Magazine

* A Nutella tasting party- You heard right, I will be hosting a nutella tasting party for World Nutella Day on February 5th

* An interview with Gennaro Pecchia of Men Who Dine

* And so much more!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment